[Python-Dev] test_ossaudiodev hangs

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:24:46 -0500

On 23 January 2003, Jeremy Hylton said:
> Oh!  That's much better than having the test hang :-).  Perhaps we
> should remove it until it's in a stable state?  The linuxaudiodev
> module isn't great, but at least it compiles and passes its test
> suite.

Please don't remove it entirely!  The last time I looked at ossaudiodev
(a couple of weeks ago), it was working fine -- I suspect it just needs
to be a bit more liberal about older kernels.  Disabling it in setup.py
ought to be enough until I (or anyone else) fix the build problems.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
I just forgot my whole philosophy of life!!!