[Python-Dev] Re: logging package -- rename warn to warning?

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:57:47 -0800

Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>OK, that's fine - warning/WARNING it is. For consistency, though, we should
>>also lose fatal/FATAL which are currently synonyms for critical/CRITICAL.
>

> Yes, except I find fatal/FATAL so much easier to write.  Do we really
> need the "political correctness" of critical/CRITICAL?

Are you seriously arguing for saving a few keystrokes?  After adding
three to warn? =)

It's not political correctness, it's technical correctness.  I say do it
right for all the calls or leave it as is (or revert to Java compatibility).

--david