[Python-Dev] Broken strptime in Python 2.3a1 & CVS

Brett Cannon bac@OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:44:34 -0800 (PST)

[Brett Cannon]

> [Kevin Jacobs]
>
> > > [Kevin Jacobs]

<snip>
> Does obviousness come before or
> after following a spec?  Would setting default values within range but to
> their minimum value (so if the month is not known, set it to 1 for Jan
> instead of -1) solve your problem, Kevin?

Well, I answered my own questions: "spec comes first", and "setting the
default to 0 fixes it".  If you need a quick fix, Kevin, I can personally
send you a diff (contextual or unified, your choice =) with the change
until this gets into CVS.

I will put a patch up on SF ASAP and email back here with the patch #.

-Brett