[Python-Dev] Extension modules, Threading, and the GIL

"Martin v. Löwis" martin@v.loewis.de
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:19:01 +0100

David Abrahams wrote:
> No, in fact there are several places where the API docs are
> less-than-scrupulous about letting you know that your own event
> dispatching hook may be re-entered during the call.  It's been a long
> time since I've had the pleasure, but IIRC one of them happens in the
> APIs for printing.

It's unclear what you are talking about here. If you mean PrintDlgEx,
then it very well documents that PRINTDLGEX.lpCallback can be invoked.

In any case, it would be a bug in the wrapper to not release the GIL
around calling PrintDlgEx. Bugs happen and they can be fixed.

Regards,
Martin