[Python-Dev] Misc. warnings

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:32:46 -0500

On 07 January 2003, Guido van Rossum said:
> It should work, except setup.py hasn't been fixed to build it.  Here's
> a patch:

Err, yeah, I have a similar patch on my local copy, but I haven't
checked it in yet because of this:

> Also, I note that the compilation of ossaudiodev should really be
> dependent on the existence of either <linux/soundcard.h> (Linux) or
> <machine/soundcard.h> (BSD).

and, come to think of it, this:

> However, then the test suite fails:
>
> $ ./python ../Lib/test/regrtest.py test_ossaudiodev.py
> test_ossaudiodev
> test test_ossaudiodev produced unexpected output:
> *** lines 2-7 of actual output doesn't appear in expected output after line 1:

is another good reason not to check that setup.py change in.  ;-)  That
one's easy: I never copied output/test_linuxaudiodev to
output/test_ossaudiodev.  Done now, trying it out, will check in soon.

I'll let someone else worry about activating ossaudiodev on FreeBSD.

> What's up with that, Greg?  I've seen tons of checkins to ossaudiodev
> -- how close is it to completion?

I'm fairly happy with the code now.  (I think -- haven't looked at it
since last week.)  Have some preliminary docs supplied by the guy who
wrote the mixer interface (Nick FitzRoy-Dale) that I have to look at and
beef up.  I also have crazy ideas about writing an extensive, and noisy,
test script that would go in Tools or sandbox or something.  But the
module itself is pretty good now.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/