[Python-Dev] module extension search order - can it be changed?

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:12:38 +0000

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> writes:

>> Speaking entirely from a point of ignorance, why are the source line #s
>> not shown for frames that are implemented in modules loaded from
>> zipimport?
>
> Because the code printing the tracebacks doesn't know how to look
> inside a zip file.

It Would Be Nice (tm) if the code that printed tracebacks could be
made cleverer in some fashion.  For instance, in a pyrepl session I
have the source in the session's history and it would surely be nice
if I could display it in tracebacks.

Of course, I have no idea how to go about implementing this :-)

Cheers,
M.

--
  I never realized it before, but having looked that over I'm certain
  I'd rather have my eyes burned out by zombies with flaming dung