[Python-Dev] PEP 305 - CSV File API - please have a look

Skip Montanaro csv@mail.mojam.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:03:20 -0600

Folks,

In advance of asking Guido to review and pronounce on PEP 305 and its
related code, I'd like to ask you to take a few minutes to review what we've
produced.  There is the PEP, of course:

    http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0305.html

but there is also source code, a large number of test cases and a libref
section available in the CVS sandbox.  Cliff Wells is working on a csvutils
module which will contain adaptations of the "sniffing" routines from his
DSV package.

Just do a "csv up -dP ." in your nondist/sandbox directory to get the latest
version of everything.  Feel free to review and/or comment on any or all of
it, but please please post your comments to the csv@mail.mojam.com mailing
list.  You can review our rather active correspondence at

    http://manatee.mojam.com/pipermail/csv/

or if you're really excited about CSV files, you can subscribe at