[Python-Dev] Releasing Python 2.2.3 -- call for patches

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:07:45 -0500

I think it would be a good idea to release Python 2.2.3 soon -- say
within a few weeks.  I plan this to be a low-key release: all it does
is add various important bugfixes, most of which were backported from
2.3.  This is in tune with the Python-in-a-Tie idea for Python 2.2
(any idea what happened to the PBF plans for that?).

If you have or know of something that you think should go into 2.2.3
but isn't in CVS yet, please let me know.  The best way is to simply
make the changes in CVS to the release22-maint branch.  Do this only
for things that are clearly bugfixes that introduce no backwards
incompatibilities.  When in doubt, use the second-best way.  The
second-best way is to (re)open a SF patch and assign it to me.