[Python-Dev] Import lock knowledge required!

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:01:23 +1100

I've found a bug related to the import lock causing a deadlock in 2.3.  The
bug can be found at http://www.python.org/sf/683658

The bug is fairly self-explanatory, so I won't repeat it here.  The proposed
patch exposes the import lock to the Python C API, allowing optionally a
non-blocking attempt to acquire the lock.  I should note that the only
reason I propose this is because I can see no other option!

I would appreciate it if people knowledgeable about the import lock and its
implications could have a quick look at this bug, and comment on my proposed
patch.

Thanks,

Mark.