[Python-Dev] vox populii illiterati

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 10:39:28 -0500

> Nobody will try to sort out the votes from the well over
> 600 postings (and growing).

Ouch.  And it's only Sunday morning here.  That exceeds my wildest
expectations.

Is anybody at least collecting useful feedback?  I'm willing to update
the PEP to at least mention sensible alternatives or arguments pro and
con, but I can't read the c.l.py messages.

> No doubt, the real motiviation was to boost python's popularity so
> that it wins the 'february' comparisons of language newsgroup
> activities.

I didn't even know there was such a comparison.  Seems pretty silly to
me. :-)