[Python-Dev] Negated hex/oct constants (SF #660455)

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Fri, 07 Feb 2003 10:43:25 +0000

"Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)" <tdelaney@avaya.com> writes:

>> From: Guido van Rossum [mailto:guido@python.org]
>>
>> > Given all this, I'm +1 on leaving it as it is, and +1 on making it
>> > all consistent for 2.4 ...
>>
>> -(0xffffffff) to that. :-)
>
> You're not supposed to make me laugh out loud (to the point that
> there were tears in my eyes) at work - especially not at 10am :)

I didn't laugh -- I was scared, because I had no idea what he meant.

Cheers,
M.

--
  You have run into the classic Dmachine problem: your machine has
  become occupied by a malevolent spirit.  Replacing hardware or