[Python-Dev] Re: native code compiler? (or, OCaml vs. Python)

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:17:57 -0500

> I meant continuing work started by Ping, Jeremy, and you on non-local
> namespaces (something other than dicts).  Tim's suggestion of optimizing
> function calls sounds like another good one.

Ah, you mean these:

    - PEP 266  Optimizing Global Variable/Attribute Access  Montanaro
      PEP 267  Optimized Access to Module Namespaces        Hylton
      PEP 280  Optimizing access to globals                 van Rossum

Yes, that would be a good idea too.

And I suggest that we analyze pystone (or whatever benchmark we decide
to use).