[Python-Dev] Proposal for new core module: UserFIle

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Dec 13 10:54:28 EST 2003

At 10:35 AM 12/13/03 -0500, Oren Tirosh wrote:

>The signal module has been reluctantly accepted into Python but if you
>want to actually use it you are on your own - don't use the builtin
>file object and implement all I/O calls yourself with the os module so
>you can retry on EINTR.

Maybe this should be added as a prominent warning at the top of the signal
module docs?  While this:

"""When a signal arrives during an I/O operation, it is possible that the
I/O operation raises an exception after the signal handler returns"""

does seem to imply what you're pointing out, your phrasing above seems to
be much clearer about the scope and consequences of the issue.  :)