[Python-Dev] new module proposal: daemonize

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu Dec 11 18:16:57 EST 2003

Guido van Rossum writes:
 > I remember writing a much more elaborate version for Zope:
 >
 > http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/lib/python/zdaemon/

I'll note that we (Zope Corp.) have continued to use this package, and
have been successful making some truely ill-behaved programs work well
as daemons.  It would be *wonderful* to see something like this as
part of the standard library.

I think the only real complaint I have about the package is that the
command-line processing module (zdaemon.zdoptions) shouldn't be part
of the package, but should be somewhere else.  That shouldn't be hard
to achieve, though.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>