[Python-Dev] release23-maint branch CLOSED for release (was Re: 2.3.3 cycle)

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed Dec 10 09:24:16 EST 2003

On 10 Dec 2003, at 14:31, Anthony Baxter wrote:

>> Anthony,
>> I would like to do a 2.3.3 release for MacOS9 this time, so after
>> you've finished
>> with the general 2.3.3 release could you please hand over ownership
>> of the branch to me, and tell the crowd to refrain from fiddling with
>> the branch until I'm done?
>
> Not a problem. Were you going to do an OS X release as well?

Yes. But that's done from the standard unix sources (maybe with one
or two version numbers of installers changed, but that's all).

For MacOS9 I often have to add some last second fixes.

> Assuming we get the 2.3.3 release on Friday the 19th (AU time), how
> long do you anticipate you'll want the branch for? (Guesstimate,
> obviously).

The christmas-newyear break would be a good time to do this,
but I'll try to get to it earlier.
--
Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl>        http://www.cwi.nl/~jack
Goldman