[Python-Dev] Re: Py2.4 pre-alpha snapshot

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 7 15:51:39 EST 2003

martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Löwis) writes:

> kbk at shore.net (Kurt B. Kaiser) writes:
>
>> As I recollect, there was discussion about moving to VC7 which has
>> a free compiler available.  Is that going to happen on 2.4?
>
> Yes. If nobody beats me in that, I'll do it over Christmas.

What exactly does that imply? Will VC6 no longer work, or will you
just add extra build files etc for VC7?

How will the free VC7 work (I assume Kurt means the one in the .NET
SDK)? AFAIK, it doesn't support Visual Studio project files. It also
doesn't include an optimizer, what effect will that have on build
compatibility, etc?

Paul.
--
This signature intentionally left blank