[Python-Dev] Py2.4 pre-alpha snapshot

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at verizon.net
Sun Dec 7 07:38:43 EST 2003

I think it would be worthwhile to occasionally (every 3 months or so)
package a Py2.4 pre-alpha release. My feel is that a number of people
without compilers (Windows users especially) would enjoy working with
the latest python if it were an easy thing to do (has an installer,
etc).

Besides increasing community involvement, this could open up a whole new
stream of user feedback so we can discover issues sooner rather than
later.  Since non-developers stress the system in different ways, they
are more likely to surface various documentation, usability, and
integration bugs.

An opening message could be added that clearly states that everything is
subject to change, under development, non-production, etc.

Raymond Hettinger