[Python-Dev] readline.clear_history()

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Aug 28 13:21:16 EDT 2003

Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> writes:

> Probably.  I'm personally not so stringent for minor stuff like this
> (hey, I added bool() to 2.2.1 :-), but it seems others are
> increasingly resisting even minor feature additions in micro releases
> (except in the email package :-).

The problem with adding things like this is that it makes it harder to
port code from *2.3.1 to 2.3* and at least in principle it would be
nice if code that works on 2.3.1 works on 2.3 unless it tickles a
specific bug that has been fixed.

And, come Panther, there are going to be rather a lot of Python 2.3
installs out there.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  : Giant screaming pieces of excrement, they are.
  I have a feeling that some of the people in here have a