[Python-Dev] readline.clear_history()

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Aug 27 17:40:10 EDT 2003

I've been working on a set of Python tools that use readline, but want to
keep history separate between different interaction modes.  Unfortunately,
this really needs to be able to access readline's clear_history(), as
read_history_file() leaves existing history intact.

I'd be happy to whip up a patch to add this (as readline.clear_history()),
but I was wondering if perhaps the reason it's not currently exported by
the readline module is a compatibility issue for older readline
implementations that are officially supported.  Thanks.