[Python-Dev] Py2.3.1

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Aug 26 15:03:22 EDT 2003

Fred L. Drake, Jr. writes:
 > It should be too hard to change it to load the HTML Help viewer if it
 > finds the .chm file on Windows, and to still fall back to the HTML or
 > the online documentation if the .chm can't be found.

Tim suggested that I meant that it *shouldn't* be too hard to change
it.  He was wrong; I said what I meant.  ;-)

It *should* be hard; if changing Python code were hard, Python
programmers would have a better shot at job security.  Since it isn't,
changing IDLE won't be too hard, and no one will ever be able to keep
a job programming in Python.

Now, if that isn't what we love about Python, I don't know what is!  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation