[Python-Dev] Py2.3.1

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Aug 26 08:08:18 EDT 2003

> >> If there's a nice searchable .chm file, I wouldn't want a
> >> thousand separate HTML files in addition.
> >
> > I'm a Windows user, and I tend to prefer using html docs. Am I unusual
> > in this regard?
>
> You may be unusual, but you do have company.

I find it hard to judge this, since I don't have a lot of experience
with the .chm format.  I think we can do an experiment: put the .chm
files in the 2.3.1 release, and if everyone hates it (or if the BDFL
hates it :-) we can roll it back in 2.3.2.  (If there were an
alpha/beta cycle for 2.3.1 tht would be the place to experiment, but
as it seems there won't be, I'm fine with 2.3.1 itself being the beta
cycle.)