[Python-Dev] Embedded python module search path

Tom Emerson tree at basistech.com
Wed Aug 20 12:11:48 EDT 2003

As I look at Py_Initialize() further, I see some other 'features' that
could be problematic when embedding: particularly the calls to
Py_FatalError. An embedding application may be able to continue even
if the Python interpreter cannot be initialized... certainly it should
be up to the embedding application on how to handle the error, instead
of having abort() called for it.

It would also be nice if there were no calls fprintf and friends
within the initialization path when doing embedded initialization.

    tree

Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com