[Python-Dev] PyMapping_Check Bug? (fwd)

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Tue Aug 19 18:51:52 EDT 2003

Il mer, 2003-08-13 alle 21:18, Skip Montanaro ha scritto:
> (muffed the first send...)

>     >> Passing along a fragment from the psycopg list where Federico Di Gregorio
>     >> (fog at initd.org) wrote:
>     >>
>     >> .... because on python 2.3 PyMapping_Check apperently return True for
>     >> every new-type instance....
>     >>
>     >> Is this true?  If so, is it a bug?
>
>     Guido> I don't see this.  operator.isMappingType() maps directly to
>     Guido> PyMapping_Check(); and I tried this:

I tryed this (and this is where the problem lies wrt psycopg):

Python 2.3+ (#2, Aug 10 2003, 11:33:47)
[GCC 3.3.1 (Debian)] on linux2
>>> import operator
>>> operator.isMappingType(())
True
>>> operator.isMappingType([])
True

apparently a tuple, a list or any subtype *is* a mapping type. <g>

please, cc me because i am not on python-devel.
thank you very much,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
               Io la coscienza l'ho cagata da piccolo. -- Natale Titotto