[Python-Dev] Py2.3.1

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Aug 17 15:58:16 EDT 2003

[Raymond Hettinger]
> Is it still the plan to have to rapid schedule for the
> first bugfix release (perhaps in early September)?

AFAIK there's nothing worthy of being called "a plan" for any future
release(s).

> I think it will increase the acceptance of 2.3 and help
> it to be viewed as stabilized .

Me too.  I can't give non-trivial time to closing bugs or patches in the
foreseeable future, but can volunteer a night to test and pump out a 3.1
Windows installer (unless Thomas Heller wants to do it).

More important is that someone volunteer to be the 3.1 Release Czar (which,
as former Release Czars can testify, requires real time and effort).