[Python-Dev] Embedded python module search path

Tom Emerson tree at basistech.com
Fri Aug 15 21:52:31 EDT 2003

Jack Jansen writes:
> There is a hack you can use nowadays, but a hack it truly is: fiddle
> _environ before calling Py_Initialize().

Yes, but this is pretty ugly, and to get full coverage involves
messing with PATH as well as PYTHONHOME et al. In the case of
embedding I would expect that would usually does *not* want the
standard search path to be constructed, or minimally only part of it.

    -tree

Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com