[Python-Dev] Outlook release on SourceForge

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Aug 11 17:48:51 EDT 2003

[Tim]
>> Python used to be among the 10 most active projects every week,
>> but lost a lot when it stopped releasing files from SF
>> (downloads count a lot toward the activity ranking).

[Michael Hudson]
> Yep.  However, the pain of dealing with the SF file release thingy
> compared to scp-ing things to creosote is night and day.

I find setting up an SF file release to be obscure but actually very quick
and easy once you figure it out.  I don't know how hard people find it to
download from there now; it used to be dead in the water too often.

> *I'm* pretty sure having a high activity rating on SF isn't worth it.

A fine case of sour grapes if ever I heard one <wink>.

the-spambayes-folks-trade-activity-points-for-fast-cars-mansions-
    and-recreational-drugs-ly y'rs  - tim