[Python-Dev] Outlook release on SourceForge

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Aug 11 12:34:22 EDT 2003

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net> writes:

> In particular, we rank higher than Python(!) now, which currently sits at
> 99.0583%.  Python used to be among the 10 most active projects every week,
> but lost a lot when it stopped releasing files from SF (downloads count a
> lot toward the activity ranking).

Yep.  However, the pain of dealing with the SF file release thingy
compared to scp-ing things to creosote is night and day.  *I'm* pretty
sure having a high activity rating on SF isn't worth it.

> It's possible that downloads of the Outlook addin could boost
> spambayes to that lofty level.  It's also possible that I'll get a
> job working on Python someday <wink/snarl>.

I seem to recall Python got back into the top 6 during a week when
Brett seemingly did nothing else but comment on bug reports...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I'm not sure that the ability to create routing diagrams
  similar to pretzels with mad cow disease is actually a