[Python-Dev] RE: python-dev Summary for 2003-07-01 through 2003-07-31 [draft]

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Tue Aug 5 05:30:28 EDT 2003

Brett writes:
> I would appreciate not just correctional feedback but just overall
> feedback as well for this summary.  I have changed the format once again
> as well as the general philosophy behind the Summaries

Brett, you're doing great as usual. Saving enough time to survive
grad school may have been your primary motivation, but I actually
think that this revised format is better than your exhaustive one.
IMHO people who wanted to know every detail that went on would just
subscribe to python-dev, and people who wanted historical accuracy
would just consult the list archives. Your summaries made these
tasks easier, but could never be as exhaustive as just reading the
list. However, the "more journalistic" approach is really nice
because it helps to separate out the relevent from the insignifigant.
It is a very useful filtering of the information, providing
something you CAN'T get by reading the list. Of course, it's *your*
idea of what's important and what's not, but at this point I'd say
you're as qualified as any to make that call, and more qualified
than almost all.

Keep up the great work!

-- Michael Chermside