[Python-Dev] New test failure on Windows

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:00:51 -0500

    Tim> ======================================================================
    Tim> ERROR: test_limitations (__main__.ReTests)
    Tim> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tim> Traceback (most recent call last):
    Tim>   File "../lib/test/test_re.py", line 182, in test_limitations
    Tim>     self.assertEqual(re.match('(x)*', 50000*'x').span(), (0, 50000))
    Tim>   File "C:\Code\python\lib\sre.py", line 132, in match
    Tim>     return _compile(pattern, flags).match(string)
    Tim> RuntimeError: maximum recursion limit exceeded

My apologies.  I made most of these changes a couple months ago.  test_re
has been failing with the stack limit problem all this time.  I thought it
was related to the usual Mac OS X stack limit problem.  Thanks to Guido and
Gary also for elucidating and fixing the problem while I was at my son's
hockey game.  (I know, I'll get my priorities straight one of these days...)

Skip