[Python-Dev] When is it okay to ``cvs remove``?

Brett Cannon drifty@alum.berkeley.edu
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:56:39 -0700 (PDT)

[Thomas Wouters]

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 03:43:34PM -0700, Brett Cannon wrote:
>
> > Also, my rewrite is not finished (have some more things I want to test),
> > but what I have so far passes and seems good.  Should I bother to check in
> > what I have so far to have it in b1, or hold off until the suite is
> > completely finished?  I am assuming since these are unit tests that are
> > passing I don't need to bother with an SF patch to get a code review from
> > someone.
>
> It might at least make sense to have some differing platforms run the test
> before you check it in.

OK, I will finish the code then first.  Just to double-check, creating a
tracker item and initially assigning it to myself will not cause people to
ignore it since everyone who cares will see the new item when it gets
mailed to Patches and sees I am asking for other people on other platforms
beyond OS X to give the code a run, right?

And is having new testing suites peer-reviewed a common thing?  Or should
I only worry about it when there is a slight chance cross-platform issues
might sprout up from the tests?  I already know to have any questionable
code and massive code changes checked, but I also don't want to hold up
code I think is good and safe on SF and bug other people to check it for
me.

-Brett