[Python-Dev] CALL_ATTR patch (was: 2.3b1 release)

Raymond Hettinger python@rcn.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 00:14:07 -0400

So, if anyone has any *real* programs they can test the patch
> with, I would be much obliged. Otherwise we'll have to check it in claiming
> it gives a 20% performance boost on ... methods of newstyle classes ,,, and
> 30% on ... methods of old-style classes. :)

I tried it on some of my apps which moderately exercise
both new and old style classes.  None of the apps
improved and one a 1% worse.  Both pybench and
pystone were worse by 1%.

Also, line 767 in classobject.c has an unreferenced
variable, f.

Raymond Hettinger