[Python-Dev] Using temp files and the Internet in regression tests

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:02:46 -0400

> I can write some basic instructions on how to use regrtest and
> test_support; someone will just have to check them in.

That would be great.  Do you have a SF userid yet?  Then we can give
you commit privs!

> > Hm, maybe these docs shouldn't be so hidden and there should be a
> > standard library chapter on the test package and its submodules and
> > the conventions for writing and running tests?
>
> That definitely wouldn't hurt.  It might also get people to write
> tests more often and maybe help with improving our code if they knew
> about regrtest and test_support.

And I think regrtest and test_support are useful for testing 3rd party
code as well.  Wanna make this a project?