[Python-Dev] Placement of os.fdopen functionality

Jp Calderone exarkun@intarweb.us
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 14:35:31 -0500

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

  It occurred to me this afternoon (after answering aquestion about creating
file objects from file descriptors) that perhaps os.fdopen would be more
logically placed someplace else - of course it could also remain as
os.fdopen() for whatever deprecation period is warrented.

  Perhaps as a class method of the file type, file.fromfd()?

  Should I file a feature request for this on sf, or would it be considered
too much of a mindless twiddle to bother with?

  Jp

--=20
http://catandgirl.com/view.cgi?44
--=20