[C++-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] ATTENTION! Releasing Python 2.2.2 in a few weeks

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:13:25 -0400

[Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve]
> Apparently the bug report
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105470&aid=60725
> 3&group_id=5470
>
> has not yet lead to any changes in the release22-maint branch. The
> worst problem are missing extern "C" in descrobject.h and iterobject.h.
> This is compounded by missing include guards. We struggled quite a bit
> to find a workaround for Boost.Python.
>
> It will also be helpful if include guards are added to pymactoolbox.h.

The odds of something like this getting fixed to your satisfication (not to
mention at all <wink>) greatly increase if you submit a patch.  Looks to me
like what you want to do is both correct and harmless, but I'm (speaking as
a generic Python developer) not going to be able to make time to test it in
the context you're concerned about.  OTOH, if there were a patch that you
knew worked for *you*, cool, I could apply it and just make sure it didn't
break anything for me (speaking as a etc).