[Python-Dev] Moratorium on changes to IDLE

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 18:21:31 -0400

I'd like to put a stop to all changes to the version of IDLE in the
Python source tree (Tools/idle/* -- let's call it Python-idle).  The
current crop of changes are being merged into Idlefork, the separate
SF project where a new IDLE version is being cooked.  I hope that
Idlefork will be ready to be merged back into Python before we release
Python 2.3, and that will be easiest if we can simply abandon the
existing Python-idle code and copy the latest Idlefork in its place.
Any changes made to the Python-idle code will be lost at that point.
If you have a bug, fix or feature for IDLE, please suggest it on the
idle-dev mailing list or on Idlefork's SF bug/patch managers!