[Python-Dev] Cut'n'paste

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 21:21:11 -0400

[Brett Cannon]
> I am now officially ignoring any more comments on how to format URLs
> and email addresses in the summary.

What?!  I didn't get around to insisting that you use XML for this, with one
UTF8-encoded character per element thingie.

> Aahz is right, "You can't win" and thus I am not going to bother to try
> to please everyone.  I will just do it the way I feel like it and if
> someone doesn't like it they can just reformat the code with a regex
> to make themselves happy.

Such a small-minded attitude, Brett.  OTOH, it may preserve a bit of your
life for something enjoyable.

> Now I know how Guido must have felt with everyone and their mother
> throwing in their opinion about booleans.  =)

Not until you're accused of destroying all that's good about Python, going
out of your way to make it impossible to teach programming, and most likely
breaking every important Python program ever written.  It will take several
years for you to earn that level of abuse <wink>.

no-good-deed-goes-unpunished-ly y'rs   - tim