[Python-Dev] Precompiled headers

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:42:29 +0200

On woensdag, oktober 23, 2002, at 12:54 , Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> I find the compile times of the Python tree on my Pentium 930MHz
> system to be accceptable, so I'd personally rather avoid a feature
> with the potential of producing incorrect binaries.

This last sentence sounds like you know something that I don't,
could you explain? Precompiled headers keep track of the
preprocessor symbols they depend on, and their value at
precompile time, so I've always thought that this (together with
correct Makefile dependencies) would be safe...
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -