[Python-Dev] To -I(nclude) or not to -I(nclude), that is the question...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:10:55 -0400

    SM> This warning bothers me a bit, as it suggests I'm screwing up
    SM> the compiler's notions about header file search order.  Has
    SM> anyone else seen this and investigated how to get rid of this
    SM> problem?  This is related to bug http://python.org/sf/589427
    SM> (which was assigned to me).  It's due to the
    SM> gen_preprocess_options() function in distutils/ccompiler.py.
    SM> This warning seems to be related to gcc version >= 3.1.

I seem to remember that Martin said the gcc folks agreed that this
behavior was a bug on their part.  I tried building Python on Linux
with gcc 3.1 several months ago and had the same problems.  I dropped
back to 2.96 and haven't looked back. :)

Search around in python-dev for a discussion on this, but
unfortunately I don't remember the exact time frame.

-Barry