[Python-Dev] creating struct-seq types from Python

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:15:27 -0400

Martin,

I've addressed this to you since you seem to be playing with the
relevant code these days, but others may be interested as well.

Have you looked at what it would take to create new "structure
sequence" types from Python code?  This seems like a reasonable thing
to do, especially when an existing API returns a long(ish) tuple of
fields.  I'd like to be able to use it for my proposed urlparse
changes (http://www.python.org/sf/624325), but there seems to be no
way to get to it.  What's needed to do something currently feels like
too much code for what little is being done (see the patch if unsure
of what I mean).

Thanks!

  -Fred

--