[Python-Dev] Can Zope be built on MacOSX?

Lalo Martins lalo@laranja.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:47:46 -0200

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 05:44:31PM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> I downloaded Zope 2.6.0b1 today from zope.org and tried to build it with
> Python from CVS, which failed, then Python 2.2.2 (also from CVS, but which
> should be between 2.2.2b1 and 2.2.2final), which also failed.  Upon closer
> examination, it seems 2.1.x is required for Zope 2.5, though the
> doc/INSTALL.txt file says nothing about what Zope 2.6 requires.  I then
> pulled the release21-maint branch of CVS and tried to build it on MacOSX.
> It failed spectacularly trying to compile Python/dynload_next.c
>
> Am I wasting my time trying to build Zope on MacOSX?

This is not the correct list for this question, but then again I think you
know that quite well ;-)

Zope requires 2.1, this includes Zope 2.6. The first Python2.2 version is
scheduled to be 2.7.

I don't have OSX, but I heard about some difficulties. My coworker however
successfully compiled 2.1.3 (from the source release, not CVS) and Z2.6 from
CVS and reports it to work without a problem. He recommends latest gcc3.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
            Those who trade freedom for security