[Python-Dev] Tests failing in MacPython 2.2.2

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:55:11 -0400

    >> Re-reading this, are you saying that this failure is on MacOS9
    >> only?

    JJ> Correct. Or, to be hyper-correct: it fails in MacPython 2.2.X
    JJ> on OSX as well, but not in unix-Python 2.2.X on OSX.

Ok, cool.  I'm of course only testing unix-Python on OSX.

    >> That test passes just fine on OSX 10.2 and the data looks just
    >> fine to me, so this must be an OS9 failure only.
    >> Maybe the thing to do is to open msg_26.txt in binary mode, but
    >> only on MacOS9?

    JJ> Doesn't work, now the assert just above that fails (the
    JJ> payload length is 0 in stead of 2), so I think this breaks the
    JJ> boundary separation or somesuch. I've added code to simply
    JJ> skip this test for MacPython 2.2.X, how do you feel about
    JJ> that?

I'm happy with that for Python 2.2.2, since I'm convinced it's just a
problem with the test suite.  When we have more breathing room
(i.e. Python 2.3) we can see if we can come up with something more
useful.

-Barry