[Python-Dev] tp_dictoffset calculation in 2.2.2

Kevin Jacobs jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:43:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I'd like to hear from you if a particular last-minute change to 2.2.2
> would affect your code in any way.  If you don't have time to read
> this whole message, can you please check if this patch to Python
> 2.2.2b1 (in CVS on the release22-maint branch) has any bad effects on
> your code?
>
> diff -r2.126.4.24 typeobject.c
> 2090c2090
> < 		COPYSLOT(tp_dictoffset);
> ---
> > 		/*COPYSLOT(tp_dictoffset);*/

This doesn't seem to interact with any of my extension classes, or at least
nothing in our test suite.  I'll look into this more deeply over the next
few days, though I agree that case #3 is almost always certain to do the
wrong thing.

Thanks for the heads-up,
-Kevin

Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect
Voice: (216) 986-0710 x 19         E-mail: jacobs@theopalgroup.com
Fax:   (216) 986-0714              WWW:    http://www.theopalgroup.com