[Python-Dev] Where is this flag coming from?

Tim Rice tim@multitalents.net
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:25:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     TR> The only real problem is -R seems to be added for all unix
>     TR> platforms.  This change would benefit all my platforms if it
>     TR> handled -R properly In OpenSSH we only use -R on solaris and
>     TR> freebsd.  Perhaps runtime_library_dir_option() in
>     TR> Lib/distutils/unixccompiler.py needs some work.

I just tried Guido's setup.py patch on SCO Open Server
and it works there.  No more -R. :-)

Am I out to lunch on the idea that the logic should be in
Lib/distutils/unixccompiler.py where the -R is added?

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim@multitalents.net