[Python-Dev] Non-ASCII characters in test_pep277.py in 2.3

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd@acm.org
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 17:40:08 +0200

When I execute the three lisp form that were mentioned in the page I
pointed you to*, my XEmacs does recognize utf-8 encoding automatically.
I just find-file a file which contains UTF-8 encoded data and I see
all sorts of accented characters (the ones I expect to see even!).
My XEmacs version is

XEmacs 21.4 (patch 6) "Common Lisp" [Lucid] (i386-redhat-linux, Mule)
of Fri Feb 22 2002 on daffy.perf.redhat.com

*
(require 'un-define)
(set-coding-priority-list '(utf-8))
(set-coding-category-system 'utf-8 'utf-8)

On Mon, Oct 7 2002 Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     MAL> So I guess, everything is in place. However the instruction
>     MAL> posted by Sjoerd don't work for some reason.

I couldn't get them to work either.