[Python-Dev] Bug #537450 Improper object initialization for type.__new__

Raymond Hettinger Raymond Hettinger" <python@rcn.com
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 17:43:03 -0400

> "Raymond Hettinger" <raymond.hettinger@verizon.net> writes:
>
> > The last one includes a list of modules that still need
> > backport attention (by someone more knowledgable than me):
>
> Do those need to happen for 2.2.2, or would it be acceptable if
> whatever problems they fix get only fixed in 2.2.3?
>
> I think it is of high importance that 2.2.2 is released soon; anything
> that delays 2.2.2 must be of really high importance.

Yes, this is a list for 2.2.2 based on my review of the checkin logs.
If I felt comfortable applying these myself, they would already
be done.  There are about 8 or 9 total changes, each of them
are small (a few lines in a single file), and can be done in an
hour by someone who knows what they're doing.

If only one or two gets looked at, pickle.py and socket.py
have the most important unapplied patches.

Raymond Hettinger