[Python-Dev] Re: PEP239 (Rational Numbers) Reference Implementation and new issues

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 14:18:59 +1200 (NZST)

Andrew Koenig <ark@research.att.com>:

>         A one-l lama is a priest,
>         A two-l llama is a beast,
>         But I'll bet you a silk pyjama
>         There isn't any three-l lllama.
>
>                                 --Ogden Nash
>
> PS: When I first saw this poem, it was accompanied by a claim (in a
>     footnote) that a three-l lllama is a substantial conflagration.

:-) !!!

I have a vision of an obscure corner of Tibet featuring
an order of special firefighting lamas, ready at a moment's
notice to jump on their llamas and race off to do battle
with a lllama...

And whenever I see "1/3" now I'm going to want to
pronouce it "one lama three". What have you done to
me?