[Python-Dev] int/long FutureWarning

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:31:06 +0100

On donderdag, nov 28, 2002, at 02:07 Europe/Amsterdam, Guido van Rossum
wrote:
> I wonder if perhaps the warnings for hex/oct constants aren't so
> important, and we should use PendingDeprecationWarning or some similar
> warning that's not normally printed?  They sure are a pest!

+100.

I've been sick and tired of these warnings, especially since in 99.9%
of the cases that you get the warning it is meaningless (as we are
really taking about bitpatterns that have a special meaning in some C
API). I personally haven't seen a single instance of the warning making
sense.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -