[Python-Dev] Killing off bdist_dumb

Jp Calderone exarkun@meson.dyndns.org
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:49:17 -0500

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 09:00:44AM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> [ Who wrote this? ]
> > [snip]
> >  =20
> > bdist_wininst installers *can* also be created on other systems
> > as long as they only contain pure Python code - although I've never
> > heard of someone actually doing this.
> [snip]

  FWIW, I do this with just about every release I make (and I'm a bit
surprised to hear that this isn't a common thing).  While I do have a
Windows machine I *could* build releases on (with cygwin though, not MSVC),
my release process is mostly automated, and runs on a Linux box.  I don't
think the thread is headed in this direction, but just in case, *please*
don't break this feature :)

  Jp

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1--