[getopt-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] Adopting Optik

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:21:04 -0600

On Thursday 14 November 2002 12:18 am, David Ascher wrote:
> I don't like argvparse much because this "argv" thing is far from
> obvious to newbies.  But given those two choices, I'd pick argvparse
> over optlib.

I agree that "argv" isn't obvious, but we're likely stuck with it. Given
that, along with David Goodger's observation that Optik does more than
parse, I thought I'd throw this name into the fray:

argvlib

If that doesn't sit well with anyone, I'm +1 on argvparse.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech      http://www.orbtech.com/web/pobrien