[getopt-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] Adopting Optik

David Goodger goodger@python.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:58:50 -0500

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I propose to adopt this under the name "options".  Any comments?

"optlib" is better.  I have no problem with "OptionParser" either; it
*is* longer, but matches the "ConfigParser" pattern.

>> Since some projects (for exmaple docutils) already started to use
>> Optik it is becoming increasingly late for a name change.
>
> The docutils author can speak for himself; I think docutils can deal
> with the change.

Docutils has no problem with the name change.  We've known for months
that it was imminent.

Projects that use Optik either ship with it included or require it to
be installed separately.  I believe Greg Ward plans to maintain an
independent distribution, using the old name, for the benefit of such
projects and for users of Python 2.0 through 2.2.

--
David Goodger  <goodger@python.org>  Open-source projects:
  - Python Docutils: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/